The young woman who died of a suspected heroin overdose in the Southwest Alaska village of Quinhagak this week was identified by Alaska State Troopers on Thursday as Jamie Roberts, 19.
Investigators with the Western Alaska Alcohol and Narcotics Team, or WAANT, are investigating her death.
Troopers said that health aides in the remote village, a mile from the Bering Sea, tried for two hours Monday to resuscitate Roberts before she was pronounced dead.
Four people overdosed that day in the village of around 700 people, troopers spokesperson Tim Despain said. Two men were found not breathing and were revived in the village before being transported by medevac to Bethel. Both recovered and are out of the hospital, troopers said Thursday.
Another man found in distress around the time when aides were trying to help Roberts received care in the village and didn't have to be airlifted, Despain said.