The Anchorage Assembly on Tuesday confirmed the first five of Mayor Dave Bronson’s appointees to key positions in the city government.
The Assembly unanimously confirmed, with no discussion, Bronson’s appointees to the positions of municipal manager, fire chief, municipal attorney, chief fiscal officer and human resources director.
Amy Demboski, a former Anchorage Assembly member, is municipal manager. She was most recently serving as deputy commissioner for the state Department of Commerce under Gov. Mike Dunleavy.
Demboski represented Eagle River/Chugiak during her five years on the Assembly. Later, she served as Dunleavy’s deputy chief of staff. She also unsuccessfully ran for Anchorage mayor in 2015 against former Mayor Ethan Berkowitz and lost.
The Assembly on Tuesday confirmed:
• Municipal Manager Demboski, who will be paid a salary of $140,982.40, according to her offer letter.
• Fire Chief Douglas R. Schrage, who will be paid a salary of $177,840.
• Chief Fiscal Officer Travis C. Frisk, who will be paid a salary of $139,984.
• Municipal Attorney Patrick N. Bergt, who will be paid a salary of $138,652.80.
• Human Resources Director Niki Tshibaka, who will be paid a salary of $134,992.
The Assembly is slated to confirm more appointees at its next meeting on July 27.
Tuesday evening also marked Bronson’s first Assembly meeting.
“I’m honored to take up the torch on behalf of the residents of this city with a vision for a stronger, brighter and more resilient community,” he said.