• Josh Herren, director of business acquisitions and planning for Calista Corp., has earned two industry designations.
Herren completed the Chartered Merger and Acquisition Professional certification process with the Middle Market Investment Banking Association and its affiliate the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts. Additionally, Herren passed NACVA's separate process to become an Accredited Valuation Analyst.
• Stoel Rives LLP, a business law firm, has announced that Jonathan Iversen has joined its Anchorage office as a partner in the litigation group. Iversen focuses his practice on litigating tax matters. Before joining Stoel Rives, he served as director of the tax division of the Department of Revenue for the State of Alaska.
• The board of directors of Alaska Children's Services has announced the selection of Denis McCarville, MSW, as the new president and chief executive officer. For 22 years, he served as CEO of Uta Halee/Cooper Village Residential Treatment Centers in Omaha, Neb. He was also on the faculty of the Georgetown Institute and the University of Nebraska Omaha.
• RIM Architects has announced that two if its Anchorage employees, Jason Bowman and Monica Wotto Sullivan, have become registered architects in the State of Alaska.
Both have also been promoted to associates within the firm.
A LEED Accredited Professional, Bowman has more than nine years of architectural experience and holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Kentucky.
Sullivan holds a Bachelor of Architecture from Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey in Mexico. Her projects include the exterior façade upgrade to the Mall at Sears, and the new Wasilla Intermodal Facility.
• GeoNorth, an information technology solution provider, has announced that Mark Pearson, director of technology, has recently been awarded three new levels of technical certification from Environmental Research and Science Institute and CompTIA. Pearson was approved by ESRI as a member of the new Certified Trainer Program. Pearson was also awarded the CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer Certificate and has become an ESRI Certified Desktop Associate.
Submissions for the Business People column must be e-mailed to email@example.com. JPEGs may be sent as attachments. Please, no faxes or other hard copy.
Alaska Dispatch Publishing